Customer Service & Billing
La Grange Utilities
155 E Colorado
La Grange, TX 78945
Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Contact: 979-968-3127 (Answered 24 Hours)
Please email questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of La Grange operates four utility systems - electric, water, sewer, and sanitation. As a result, the utility customer enjoys the benefit of "one-stop shopping" for utility service and billing. The Utility Billing Office manages the city's billing for all four of these utility systems. Responsibilities include establishing new accounts, processing finals and transfers, performing the meter reading function for all utilities, processing, distributing, and collecting utility bills, and answering customer inquiries.
The Utility Billing Office's regular hours of operation are Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. There is a drive-through window at City Hall for the convenience of customers who wish to pay their utility bill in person without having to come into the building. In addition, there is a utility billing drop slot next to the drive-through window that can be used after normal office hours.
Utility Billing Application
All new residents that are purchasing or renting a home are required to fill out the . A deposit is required before services can be connected. A $40 connect fee is also required for connection of services. Please make checks payable to La Grange Utilities. The deposit will be refunded upon the close of your account with the City.
Water/Sewer/Solid Waste: $75.00
All new commercial business are required to fill out the Commercial Utility Billing Application. A deposit equal to a 60 day estimated billing at the service location is required before services can be connected. A $40 connect fee is also required for connection of services. The deposit will be refunded upon the close of your account with the City.
- Bills are due and payable between the 1st and 15th day of each month.
- After the 15th all delinquent bills incur a 10% penalty that is added to the bill.
- If the full balance due is not paid in full before the 25th the Customer's account will be subject to disconnection.
- The City is not responsible for lost or misdirected mail and does not acknowledge postmark date but by date received.
- Automatic Draft Form (please return form to La Grange Utilities at City Hall)
- Cash, check, money order (after hours drop box located at City Hall next to the drive thru window)
- Online Bill Payment (Visa, Mastercard)
CALL BEFORE YOU DIG ! IT'S THE LAW
CALL BEFORE YOU DIG ! IT'S THE LAW: Call 1-800-245-4545 or 811 before you dig. You may also go online at www.texas811.org and click "For Excavators" for additional information